Information you provide to us and how we use it
We collect the information from you as detailed below:
- To access certain areas of our EMS, you may need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Pobjoy to provide you with the services you select;
- When you purchase products online or by phone, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit our guest suite or contact us by telephone. Please note that phone calls may sometimes be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with Pobjoy via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- Where you choose to use the Drop A Hint email facility where this is made available on our EMS, Pobjoy will collect your email address and given name and the email address and given name of the recipient.
- We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Send you emails or SMS communications as periodical reminders of specials anniversaries which you have instructed us to do through our loyalty rewards program or other explicit instruction.
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our EMS and services secure; and
- Understand how our EMS is used so that we can continuously improve our EMS and services and other offerings.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing bulletins or newsletters) by contacting us.
We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
Pobjoy Diamonds & Fine Jewellery Ltd 2020